Internal Medicine Practice Outline
Join our Family Medicine team as a part of the OMH Medical Group a multi-specialty group of primary and specialty care providers affiliated with Otsego Memorial Hospital.
- A hospital employed position joining four physicians and two non-physician providers in a busy IM office practice with a five-day workweek-Monday-Friday, flexible patient hours 8-5pm and extended hours available.
- Traditional office practice rotating on call with three of the physicians offering continuity of care for your patients.
Flexible scheduling to allow a good balance of work, lifestyle, and family time.
- Physicians enjoy practicing broad based medicine treating a wide variety of illnesses and conditions with minimal subspecialties on site.
- On call Internists are responsible for unassigned and IM patient admissions, ED consults, supervising inpatient stress testing and reading EKG’s. Management of assigned patients in open ICU with collaboration with respiratory therapy for ventilator management and general surgery for central line placements.
- Offices are located in professional medical building attached to the hospital and utilize an Electronic Health Record within the medical group and hospital with remote access.
- OMH offers generous benefits including loan repayment assistance, paid malpractice insurance, full family health insurance, continuing education allowance and more.
Munson Healthcare Otsego Memorial Hospital is a healthy, progressive, independent, 46-bed acute care facility, with an attached 34-bed skilled nursing facility, serving parts of five counties in northern lower Michigan.
- Well respected, fully Joint Commission accredited community hospital fully integrated with Munson Healthcare system in Traverse City.
- Proactive Administration team providing support and attention to physician needs.
- Exceptional work environment with clean updated facilities and a well-trained team of friendly caring staff. OMH has won numerous awards for patient care, safety, and quality of services.
- 24 hour physician-staffed Emergency Department, with Birthing Center, Rehabilitation, Laboratory and Radiology services on site.
- State of the art surgical facilities include 3 ORs, 3 procedure rooms, an Endoscopy suite, and a 22-bed Ambulatory Care Unit. 24/7 anesthesia coverage. Current renovation underway to expand surgical facilities in order to accommodate the new addition of robotics.
- OMH operates OMH Medical Group offices in Gaylord, Elmira, Indian River, and Lewiston, in addition to the OMH Walk-in Clinic, OMH Orthopedic Surgery, and OMH Cancer & Infusion Center located in Gaylord.
With its unique location on the 45th parallel in the heart of northern Michigan, Gaylord is so much more than a rural community. You can have the active lifestyle you love in stunning surroundings with up north ambiance and easy commuting access.
- Excellent family community offering a wide variety of amenities and year round activities.
- Known as the Alpine Village, offering an Alpine-themed shopping district with a variety of shopping experiences, from nationally known merchants to locally owned boutiques.
- A four-season recreational paradise with over 90 inland lakes surrounded by rolling woodlands. Centrally located approximately one hour from the Mackinac Bridge, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan
- America’s Summer Golf Mecca with 21 championship caliber golf courses surrounding the city of Gaylord.
- Located in the heart of Michigan’s snowbelt, Gaylord averages more than 150 inches of fresh snow each year, providing a haven for winter sport enthusiasts. A training ground for 14 countries’ Olympic snowboard teams for the 2010 Winter Games.
- Only minutes from top notch shopping, fine dining, galleries, and the arts.
- Otsego County Sportsplex offers indoor skating, pool, and other classes for all ages. Excellent local educational opportunities include public and parochial schools in addition to the Kirtland University Center offering higher learning.